Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Victor Hugo dropped something

Next to Jack London's note about hunting down inspiration with a club, I found another piece of advice scrawled on a map of the Parisian catacombs. It says, "He who every morning plans the transaction of the day and follows out that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life. But where no plan is laid, where the disposal of time is surrendered merely to the chance of incidence, chaos will soon reign." ~V. Hugo


And though I know I heard one of those other authors shouting out from around the bend something about the best laid plans of mice and men, I'm pretty sure this bit of map is too valuable to ignore. In fact, I think I'll have Bradbury's illustrated man tattoo it onto my forehead. Backwards, of course, so I can actually read it when I get up in the morning.


Dogged disciplined diligence.


Day Two:
check
check
check

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags